Often times during my lunch break, I like to doodle on the place mats. Normally, they’re crap and I just throw them away after the meal but this time, I drew BooBun and I rather liked it. I decided to take a picture of it with my phone and after toying with some of the built in filters, I came up with this.
Don’t ask me what is going on with that bird. I don’t know either.
OMG! Thank you this is SUPER CUTE! I LOVE IT <3<3
booboo’s puffin character :D
Awwwww yeah this is an awesome Kingman! I love the way you draw absolutely everything ever!
Thaaaaanks Shen! ilu bb!
Anonymous asked: One last question, did having your BFA help you with finding employment. I have a lot of friends who have had success with finding more management type roles, working within the culture services, or tutoring and hosting workshops. I have my diploma thus far and currently paying back some of the amassed debit I too have created. I mean, has it helped get your current job?
My BFA may have played a role in getting me a job! Not sure I’ve actually been at the same company for the last 6 years! I was hired RIGHT out of college doing residential cable support and have worked my way up the ranks into small business support. I’d say it probably played a very small role in getting me a job because employers do like to see a person with a degree! Even if was in animation! This regular person job is really awesome for paying off my loans though! I have a lot of debt and I make a good wage here! Also I have wicked sweet benefits!
Anonymous asked: Well, I am working to finish my Bachelor's of Fine Arts and (was) a some-what active member of the local art community, but my work is super traditional and more like- "fine art", which has really pigeon holed my creativity. Illustration is more fun and relaxing, and brings me back to my cartoon roots. Your work is very good in terms of distortion and expression- something I no longer have great skill in. I find it inspiring to see other women support themselves and be artists. #complimentshower
Oh awesome! Cartooning is the best! It’s super relaxing to me personally and I feel like it can be really expressive! It’s the mode fun! And gosh thank you! I’M BLUSHING!
Anonymous asked: ... Dungeons and Dragons? (7) Real media vs. digital media? (8) How did you like Canada? - I hope that you will not be offended by these questions, I am looking for inspiration and hope you have time to answer these questions. You are very inspiring to me, despite myself not being part of the Furry or illustrative community (although I am breaking into more illustrative practises). I have just been having a hard time making money for living in by myself, saving money, and being an artist.
6. YES I’ve played D&D before! It was back in college though and I played a Gnoll because I’m ridiculous.
7. This is a tough one because recently I’ve gotten back into digital stuff again. I have an on again off again relationship with drawing digitally. Personally I’ve always felt way more in control of real media because I prefer the tactile feel of paper and pens and markers. I have a hard time making my digital stuff look GOOD. But I’m trying to learn again!
8. Canada was GREAT! It always is great I’ve been a lot of times at this point! My stupid (kawaii) boyfriend Foxjump lives there so I tend to visit it at least once every couple of months!
And nope the questions don’t offend me at all I love questions! Anyone can feel free to ask me anything anytime! I will more than likely respond to you!
And I am super flattered that you’re not a furry and you enjoy my art! Ahaha I never expect anyone to really enjoy my inane scribblings! And it’s awesome to hear you’re getting into illustration yourself anon! Good luck! It’s mega fun and rewarding!
Anonymous asked: (1) Do you have a formal secondary education? Do you have a bachelors or diploma, in what field and what was your overall experience? (2) If you were to continue with school, what would you do or complete? (3) What type of job do you currently have? How did you fall into that career? (4) How do you manage being an illustrator and artist with balancing work and play? (5) How do you feel about using social media and how much of a role does it play in your life? (6) Have you ever played
HI ANON! This is a long one an its in two parts so ill answer 1-5 here and 6-8 in the other one.
1. YES I have a bachelors in fine arts and I majored in animation!
2. If I went back to school… I wouldn’t because the debt I accrued while there has caused me great turmoil!
3. Currently I work tech support for Internet, phones, and cable for small businesses at a large company!
4. Managing work and play is pretty easy because working in a call center means I don’t really have to bring work home! Also cool part about talking on the phone all day is being able to draw non stop because talking and drawing are two things I can do at the same time!
5. Gosh social media is super important to me! It’s pretty much the only way I talk to people! I am very very active on twitter (probably too active) and tumblr! And I’ve met a lot of cool people and pals via both sites and that’s just cool. Also I basically ONLY take commissioned work via twitter these days so ahaha it’s a good way to get in touch with people interested in buying art!
6. Will be in part two!
Someone break my hands. I ALWAYS hear Tigga…. and i am out of it and this happened.
defcarrot asked: So I was sitting here, looking through your blog. And I was like, "OMG LOOK HW CUTE AWW." And then I got distracted, and then I looked back and it was all those black paintings with the scary faces, and it scared the poop out of me but I just wanted to tell you I love you anyways. C:
Ahahah yeah those icons are pretty sweet though, Dendril is one of my favorite artists! ;3
HAVEN’T POSTED A PICTURE OF MY UGLY MUG (to tumblr) IN A LITTLE BIT. So here you go